PDA

View Full Version : Gifting Center upgrade update

Dani Jackson
07-28-2015, 05:57 PM
Hello City Girls!

As we have previously announced, we are making a major upgrade to our gifting system on Thursday, July 30. In order to install this system, we will need to make the game unavailable starting from about 11:00 a.m. PDT (18:00 GMT). During this time, you will be unable to log into the game. Once we are done, the game will become available again and you will be able to log in and play as usual.

Please remember that when this system goes live, you will lose all unclaimed gifts. We have raised the gift acceptance limit to 100 per day to help you accept your stored gifts, so be sure to get in game and accept all that you can!

Thanks for playing City Girl Life!
The City Girl Life Team

MarshaQA
07-30-2015, 06:16 PM
Game is now down for the update.

MarshaQA
07-30-2015, 08:01 PM
So far so good.

MarshaQA
07-30-2015, 09:09 PM
And we are back up.

If you encounter any issues with Gifting or Staffing, please let us know. Please include as much detail as you can!

MarshaQA
07-30-2015, 10:02 PM
The 1130 error when trying to unlock the Career Apartment Slot is being fixed.

frogblu15
07-30-2015, 10:03 PM
What is an 1130 error? I was able to open the career apartment but have lost 100 gold.

Yokotoyama
07-30-2015, 10:10 PM
Yeah...I can't even log in. Getting a -10 error. Refreshing and closing out and reopening browser/trying on a different browser with the same problem.

MarshaQA
07-30-2015, 11:03 PM
frogblu: Please submit a support ticket; the cs team will be able to help you.

Yoko: If you can normally play during this time of day, please submit a support ticket. We will have to investigate what's wrong.

Everyone: An issue unrelated to anything we've done today has brought all of our servers down. We are scrambling to fix both the 1130 issue and the 'we are all down' issue.

Wendy Lachmuth
07-30-2015, 11:13 PM
It appears now that there are many of us who can't get into the game at all. We're getting server errors.

Diane McNasti Whitehorn
07-30-2015, 11:48 PM
and we are back up.

If you encounter any issues with gifting or staffing, please let us know. Please include as much detail as you can!

i haven't received and of the gifts even from the giftbox or for going tocoffe shop please supply.

MarshaQA
07-30-2015, 11:51 PM
Server errors have been fixed.

Diane, you will need to submit a support ticket with more information please.

Tracy McCorstin
07-31-2015, 12:20 AM
Thank you, so very much, for putting a counter on our gift panels. Thank you! Thank you!

MarshaQA
07-31-2015, 12:36 AM
Welcome!

Updates:

Server issues/game down: Fixed.

1130 Issue: STILL working on this.

"I have no gifts in my inbox": Fix deploying shortly. Edit: Should be working now. You may need to clear your cache.

Missing Gold: Working on this. Sending in support tickets will really help us get you your gold back faster.

Cathleen King
07-31-2015, 01:53 AM
When the game loads, there's no gifts in the messages unless you click on the tab and every time I re-load the game, the gifts that I had received are gone and new ones come up. I already send in a ticket regarding this and it's lagging. It was never like this when the game loads and that the gift messages appear right away. Also, when sending gifts, the "Let Us Help!" and "Friends Playing!" are both showing the same name, this also needs to be fixed, the names aren't in alphabetical order either. Please fix. Thanks.

And we are back up.

If you encounter any issues with Gifting or Staffing, please let us know. Please include as much detail as you can!

MarshaQA
07-31-2015, 02:06 AM
Lag we can work on.. the new system is slower than the old, but we think we can work on that still.
Let us Help and Friends Playing are working as intended I think; I'll check on that.
Alphabetical order we can also look into.

I don't understand what you mean by you have different gifts each time. I'll say that you can only hold 300 gifts in your inbox, and new gifts push out old ones. Let me know if that helps.

UPDATES:

1130 Issue: Fixed

"I have no gifts in my inbox": Fixed. You may need to clear your cache, and as mentioned it's slower than it was now.

Missing Gold: We've fixed the issue that definitely caused 100 gold to be deducted from some users. Our apologies for that issue. We will try to find everyone affected and get the gold back, but submitting a support ticket is the *always* the best way to deal with missing gold and will help ensure that we find you.

Cathleen King
07-31-2015, 02:25 AM
Lag we can work on.. the new system is slower than the old, but we think we can work on that still.
Let us Help and Friends Playing are working as intended I think; I'll check on that.
Alphabetical order we can also look into.

I don't understand what you mean by you have different gifts each time. I'll say that you can only hold 300 gifts in your inbox, and new gifts push out old ones. Let me know if that helps.

UPDATES:

1130 Issue: Fixed

"I have no gifts in my inbox": Fixed. You may need to clear your cache, and as mentioned it's slower than it was now.

Missing Gold: We've fixed the issue that definitely caused 100 gold to be deducted from some users. Our apologies for that issue. We will try to find everyone affected and get the gold back, but submitting a support ticket is the *always* the best way to deal with missing gold and will help ensure that we find you.

Since you had all the gifts deleted and everyone is starting to send out gifts, and depending on the number of friends that are playing, it shouldn't reach 300 gifts that fast. Say when I load the game the first time, I accept all the gifts and send back about 4 out 20 gifts for an example and when I reload the game for the second time, it should have 16 gifts, not a lower number than that, that is what I mean

Before the update, the "Let us Help" should have everyone that is playing the game and not playing the game that we are friends with on Facebook and "Friends Playing" should only show the friends that are playing the game only.

mysticgirl916
07-31-2015, 05:17 PM
A free spin of the spree wheel was offered to me in my notifications, but the spin never dropped. I went to the spree wheel and it's asking me for 8 gold

Dolly Townsend
08-01-2015, 05:53 AM
And we are back up.

Since the update, when I open my messages, it allows me to send requested gifts, but the button to click for collecting the gifts, is not there. Help?

Elaine Berry
08-01-2015, 07:12 AM
I've had some problems with the new system so far. I can request gifts but not receive them. The green balloon appears saying that there are new messages in the inbox but when I click on the messages tab it remains empty. I've cleared the cache several times but it had no effect.
Also the list of friends when requesting gifts and under the 'invite friends' tab are appearing as a text list with no buttons.
A third problem is that the 'free gift's' will not populate. I've tried a dozen times and allowed it to load for as long as half an hour at a time but the screen will not load.
Thanks.

Doris Quasnicka
08-02-2015, 10:14 AM
The new giftbox does not work properly. I am able to send gifts and requests, but my neighbours do not receive them. I have no messages in the inbox, the last time I could answer some requests was yesterday in the morning. Friends have the same problem, too. I aslo did not get the promo gift. Thank you for fixing this bug.

fbid=864188226954976

Gina Nicole
08-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Since the game update I don't receive any messages. My notification bar says that I have requests but when I go into the game there are none.

Sharyl A Randel-Terryn
08-03-2015, 06:37 PM
I am having the same problem with my gifts. I show in my notifications of having gifts but when I get to the game, there is no gifts. Can someone help me?

Dale Erickson
08-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Since the game update I don't receive any messages. My notification bar says that I have requests but when I go into the game there are none.

I am having the same problem with my gifts. I show in my notifications of having gifts but when I get to the game, there is no gifts. Can someone help me?

This is why I came here today! In the past three days I have to keep reloading the game to try and get the messages to come through. I've managed it maybe once each day. I appreciate trying to fix the gifting system but now I'm pretty much getting nothing which makes new "tasks" a bit hard to do.:( This isn't just a "lag" because I stay with the game maybe 10-15 minutes and still no messages show up.

Wendy Lachmuth
08-04-2015, 12:34 AM
My gift box was working earlier today, but now it won't load at all. I only accepted 12 gifts today so far, but can't access any more. Please help! :(

Marigrace M. Hand
08-04-2015, 12:46 AM
My gift box is not working today. I can't get to any gifts sent to me.

Angela L Daniels Davis
08-04-2015, 01:08 AM
I am having the same problem i had over 70 gifts in my box and now they are not there

Rose Bruns
08-04-2015, 03:58 AM
My gifting was working fine until a few minutes ago all my gifts have disappeared. I had over 100. with 43 left to be received in today all are gone. I have reloaded to no avail

Katrina AustraliaBound Seabury
08-04-2015, 04:41 AM
And we are back up.

For 2 days my gifts wouldn't show until I stayed on the messages page for a few minutes. They would just appear. Today, I don't see ANYTHING. No matter how long I wait. I have watched friends send me something and still can't see anything. My Facebook notifications tell me I have gifts. Still nothing. This is causing me to be late completing my crafting mission.

Katrina AustraliaBound Seabury
08-04-2015, 04:43 AM
That's what I'm getting!!!!!!:mad:

MissNinnyPie
08-04-2015, 05:47 AM
And we are back up.

As far as game play all has been fine except i can not receive or send any gifts. Which has made it impossible [with out paying] to complete the indigo Halter gown. Which is also keeping me from getting the black dress beach party and the melting pot done. Other than that my coffee shop and and daily look are working fine. just not accepting any gifts.

Misty Weeks
08-04-2015, 07:09 AM
since the update I get notifications that i have gifts but I do not see them in my inbox it says it is empty :(

Sarah Trevino
08-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Mine does as well:confused:

Rae Estelle
08-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Message center is not working. No matter how long I leave it open the gifts never appear. Quit working yesterday at noonish and I can no longer do any more of the mission as I need to collect gifts. Please Help

Marlene Sabba
08-04-2015, 02:58 PM
And we are back up.

Message/Gifting window does not open - no matter how long you wait...I only was able to receive 3 gifts yesterday, and it is NOW not opening again! How are you supposed to complete tasks without the help of your friends, 3 of which are still "GONE!" When do we get our disappearing friends back? And, further problems = when having to rotate furniture for placement, the Rotate Icon 'jumps' away from being used!!!!
Lots of money spent (over $100.00 per month) and lots of frustration. New detective job is completed also.
Zoey at the Cafe' needs some new 'problems...' How many times is looking for puzzle pieces, missing earrings or ending to a book fun?

MarshaQA
08-04-2015, 04:44 PM
A fix for gifting has just been deployed. Please let us know if you still have an issue after reloading the game.

Pastry Chef
08-04-2015, 06:24 PM
New gifting no bueno. There are no buttons to receive incoming gifts. I also can't ask for more of the little german hat dude to complete crafting tasks.

Dale Erickson
08-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Came on and have re loaded the game 3 times. . . . .no gifts! I'm lucky if I can get them to show up 1 time in a day since "fix". Know I have some because see notifications and don't accept all. Leave at least 1 left.

This is getting to be a bit much. Appreciate the fix attempt but now I'm getting nothing. Can't play this game without getting items and now can't get any items.

Gladys Pennyfeather
08-05-2015, 12:13 AM
I cant get my gifts for the last 2 days cant you help me

Chantal Riel
08-06-2015, 02:24 AM
I have a problem since recently today with accepting my gifts. I don't have the tabs to click on to get them, it doesn't work and I need them. Can you help me with this, please????? Here is a link of what it looks like; http://tinyurl.com/pjxsbsz

Chantal Riel
https://www.facebook.com/chantal.riel1

Richelle Black
08-06-2015, 11:12 AM
As far as the gifting update goes, I am getting absolutely nothing. The giftbox promo code is not working and I'm not receiving any of the gifts I've requested for my crafting missions.

Lisa Fowell - Hall
08-07-2015, 07:44 AM
My gifts are at least popping up now, but when does the reset occur so you can accept the next 50? It used to reset at midnight.

Richelle Black
08-07-2015, 11:27 AM
My mom is also playing City Girl with me and even she's not getting any gift messages or any of my gift requests. This is becoming rather difficult.

Charlene Stone
08-07-2015, 11:29 PM
I'm still not receiving gifts. Did everything you suggested and still not receiving gifts. Had 28 showing on my home page that a friend had sent but still nothing there.

Dale Erickson
08-08-2015, 02:31 AM
Back again with problem of not receiving gifts! I have been waiting all day to get 1 game board to craft a "new". Says I have gifts but they don't show up! This just isn't working! Can't do the crafting to complete the tasks! Don't really care about the other gifts. Just want the ones I need for the crafting!:(

Richelle Black
08-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Same here. Even my mom says she hasn't received anything in more than two days.

Mandy Curtis
08-09-2015, 06:05 AM
I havent been able to see or get any gifts since the update. I'm not going to be able to complete the 2 current crafting things because I can't get the gifts for them. It has been over a week now. So many people will have to quite this game just because we can't DO anything.

Marnie Sorter
08-10-2015, 07:29 AM
I havent been able to see or get any gifts since the update. I'm not going to be able to complete the 2 current crafting things because I can't get the gifts for them. It has been over a week now. So many people will have to quite this game just because we can't DO anything.

I am Not receiving My gifts either, I git The notifications that I have been sent Gifts but they are not there when I log on to cgl..Please help!!

Wendy Lachmuth
08-10-2015, 08:42 AM
Hi RY team! I just want to offer a suggestion for another feature that could (hopefully) be added to the gift box. I know you're still working out the bugs from the recent update, but I hope in the near future this is something you would consider adding.

Since there is a limit on the number of most items that you can hold in your "My Items" inventory at any given time, it would be really helpful if the number that you have in storage would be shown in the gift box so that you don't accept too many and end up losing them. For example, most of the items used to craft items in the dog and cat toy boxes are limited to a max of ten in your inventory. As it is now, if I want to avoid accepting too many of an item (and thus not getting it but still using up one gift), I have to first go into "My Items" and go through the whole thing manually and make a list of the number of each relevant item I currently have, then go back to the gift box and accept the needed number of items to max out my inventory. Obviously this is tedious and time consuming. :(

I'd love to see a counter, maybe to the side of each item in the gift box, showing how many we currently have out of 10 (or whatever the max is). So let's say for each thimble I accept, the count at the side of each thimble in my gift box would show my current number, like 4/10, 10/10, or whatever. When you reach the max, maybe the "accept" button for remaining thimbles would black out, or if that's too difficult, with a counter we would at least be able to see that we already have maxed out on thimbles and need not accept any more. :) :cool:

Christie Wantz Enicks
08-12-2015, 08:52 PM
ever since the change to the message box i can not send gifts more than one time. i need to send to same person multiple time to get what i need for a quest and it takes forever to have to refresh to send as many times as i need to. I do not have time to do this everyday...
and also I feel that the missions take to long....and I need to make too many things that take too long...again..i do not have time to do this everyday..

mysticgirl916
08-13-2015, 03:27 PM
With the missions, when a new one starts there's a guide posted in the General Discussions section. It tells you what you need to do for each step so you can plan your strategy accordingly - I am not on the computer 24/7 and I have a job, yet I'm still able to finish the missions on time without spending gold. The best tip I can give is to craft a longer-timed item (6 hours or more) when you're going to be away from the computer for a long period of time or before going to bed

Barbi MeMe Knott
09-01-2015, 08:14 AM
I am unable to receive gifts. The page does not load at all, there is a "spinner" in the middle of the page that continues to spin only.

Wendy Lachmuth
09-02-2015, 03:48 AM
Hi RY Team,

Just wanted you to know that I'm still frequently seeing this when I open my "messages" tab. Reloading the game usually fixes it, but that gets annoying after a while!

Wendy Lachmuth
09-13-2015, 05:18 AM
Still getting this message pretty often. *heavy sigh* :(

Editing now, 15 minutes later just to update. After three refreshes on one browser, and then trying the game on a different browser, I am still not able to see any gifts. Odd thing is it was working earlier today just fine. :(

Deanna Hall
09-13-2015, 07:04 AM
I'm not able to either and I tried everything.

Tracy McCorstin
09-13-2015, 07:06 AM
No gifts or messages here either. All my caches are clear and things are updated.

LNick58
09-13-2015, 07:22 AM
Same thing here. It was working fine at midnight EST...now, nothing. :(

Becki Glass-Murphy
09-13-2015, 07:44 AM
whatever upgrade uve guys done to the gift/message system it must have made it worst cause now
nothing is showing up & us players really need our items/gifts for our Trunk & Missions so Please get
this fixed thank u same thing is going on with my daughters game as well 1178711788

Sandy Alexander
09-13-2015, 08:17 AM
I keep having this problem over and over. It's Sept 2015 and it is still NOT fixed!

mysticgirl916
09-13-2015, 10:14 AM
I got my gifts back

LNick58
09-15-2015, 07:13 PM
Not receiving gifts from the Renaissance Faire.

mysticgirl916
09-15-2015, 07:44 PM
I got 2 free pumpkin spice spree tokens from my notifications and I wasn't credited with them

Tonie Sim Kline
09-17-2015, 11:00 PM
At least you all had something..i have just a blank screen..11799

Kimberly Ann Reynolds
09-21-2015, 07:41 PM
My gifts show up when I first connect to game, but as soon I try to click on them , they disappear? Has been going on for 3 days now

Wendy Lachmuth
09-27-2015, 07:42 PM
Hi RY Team - just wanted to let you know that this empty message screen is still coming up sometimes. I just got this today.

Eileen Johnston
05-04-2018, 07:15 PM
I can not complete my task because I cant get or give gifts please help have to more days for my task its been 2 days now i figured it would have been fixed please help

Sandie Brown
05-18-2018, 02:26 PM
I, too, cannot receive the gifts sent to me by my friends. And the friends list is gone when I try to send gifts! We need those gifts to complete the Anchor mission! Please fix it. If this is the result of a gifting "update" it's a bad one. I should have at least 5 eagle shields and 5 flintlocks. How am I going to get them now???

Sandie Brown
05-19-2018, 12:31 PM
Stop "upgrading" if upgrading only makes it totally dysfunctional. Before you messed with it, it was working. There's an old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Good advice apparently. But now it IS broken so you DO have to fix it. Soon, I hope.

Janet Vasquez
05-22-2018, 04:59 PM
does anyone know what's going on with the game? I can't receive my gifts or send. my neighbor send list is gone. I need to finish the anchor mission.

Mania Tsogali
05-24-2018, 04:04 AM
:mad:i can't take my gifts,what happen?