PDA

View Full Version : Auto collectors information

Sherri Allen
02-23-2015, 01:42 PM
I wanted to make a quick post about auto collectors since I've been getting quite a few questions about them. It looks like Facebook might be changing their rules to not allow these collectors and we are still looking into this issue. While we don't support the collectors, they make life easier for our players so we would encourage their use. However, we can't change Facebook rules. You can read more about this issue here:
https://u1stgames.com/threads/about-recent-problems-and-coming-changes.7039

Tracy McCorstin
02-24-2015, 04:38 AM
Thank you for posting that, Sherri. It is a shame to see it happening though I understand and respect Facebook's attempt to protect its users.

Betty Ann Altman
02-27-2015, 12:28 AM
They don't even collect for CityGirl...but it's still a shame that facebook is trying to do away with the auto collecting apps. I use SBC...it does a better job, albeit not a great one, than most of the others I've tried for ItGirl, PetRescue, BubbleWitch, etc. The game players that use them can always get together and start a petition to present to facebook...I may do one myself as I do a lot of them for the animal rights movement. If I do, I'll post the link here in case anyone wants to sign to it.

Wendy Lachmuth
03-04-2015, 01:38 AM
I would love to see Rock You go to bat for us with Facebook as far as the auto collectors and being allowed to keep them. It's extremely difficult and time-consuming to try to play any game without one. Most people don't have the time - or the inclination - to sit and go through all their friend's walls looking for game posts. Is anyone seriously expected to do that?! VERY few of anyone's game posts ever show up on my news feed, and there is currently no way to sort out posts so that you can see all the game related posts that all of your friends have posted in one place.

IMO, Facebook doesn't need to take it upon itself to "protect us". If I give my consent to have an auto collector find game posts on my wall, that's my business. If there are any fellow players who don't want their posts found by an auto collector, they can just delete me. Frankly I can't imagine why you WOULDN'T want your game posts found. It makes no difference whether I find them manually or via auto collector, and you get a lot more hits on your post with the collectors! Anyway, sorry for the rant, but I feel strongly about this, and hope that Rock You will try to get Facebook to see it from our perspective. If the auto collectors are done away with for good, I will very likely stop playing any of these games, because collecting bonuses will be too impossible.