PDA

View Full Version : Cinema Wallpaper

Brynda Willis Porter
11-18-2014, 05:20 AM
In the coffee shop quest there is a prize of cinema wallpaper... my 13 year old daughter pointed out it looks like penises! After looking at it myself, I have to agree, and I hope a different wallpaper can be replaced there. Its wrong when kids play this game and who wants a wall of male penises!

Thanks from a concerned Mom

Cat Anders
11-18-2014, 08:04 AM
As the mother of a preteen daughter I can certainly understand your concerns. When my daughter gets home from school I am going to ask her what it looks like to her. Because I knit and weave it really never looked like anything other than a woven pattern to me before reading this. It will be interesting to see what my daughter sees.

Edited to update: Without mentioning what it might look like, I asked my daughter (12) what she saw. She looked at it for a moment and said it looks like her sweater (the way it is knitted). My son (14) disagreed. He said it looked like a bunch of cheesy spaceships.

Polaire
11-18-2014, 08:27 AM
When the cafe spin first changed, I made a vague comment about "unfortunate shapes" in the wallpaper that either no one saw or no one commented on. It's now halfway through the month and not a single other person seems to have noticed or been bothered by it so I just shrugged it off. Even in the one group I am in only one person tried to point it out and nobody saw anything in it but 70's looking spaceships. (I think it actually is supposed to be that retro-futuristic abstract 70's design style.)
Not that I'm *bothered* by it- although I'm not going to be using this wallpaper anytime soon- I'm just surprised that nobody else saw it. I guess it's funny how the human brain perceives shapes and patterns.

frogblu15
11-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Oh my. I hadn't won any of that wallpaper yet, so I didn't even look at it. Maybe I have a dirty mind, but it looks worse to me than anyone's comments suggested. And the pattern is quite large if you place the paper on your walls. Yikes. :(

Jane Tordoff
11-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Nope, looks like t-shirts...........

Sweeter
11-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Guess I will ask what my 14 year old daughter thinks the wallpaper looks like this afternoon when she gets home from school.

Side note, if you don't like it you can always sell it even though its only worth 10 coins each panel.

mysticgirl916
11-19-2014, 07:43 AM
I only had 1 strip, so I sold it

Chiukachanga Chiupakabra
11-21-2014, 07:53 AM
When I saw the wallpaper, I saw penises to. Don't like it...

Brynda Willis Porter
11-27-2014, 03:34 AM
Disgustingly it seems like I keep getting more of this disgusting wallpaper... hey rock you do you EVER read what people have to say?

Polaire
11-27-2014, 09:58 AM
Ok, first of all, the cafe spinner changes each month. You probably only have like 3 days left to look at it.

As long as this wallpaper doesn't ever come back you'll be fine. (If they bring it back next month, that would probably be the dumbest thing they ever did so let's hope they don't.)

But honestly-- half the people in this thread and their children didn't see anything wrong with the pattern. So maybe yelling "disgusting" in all bold text is a bit of an exaggeration and you should just laugh it off and sell the wallpaper.
And I was literally the first person to say anything about it on the forum (although I was very subtle and quiet about it) so believe me, I saw it too, but it's abstract and unintentional and not that big a deal.

I mean, I'm glad there's a thread about it so we can all point at it and laugh but don't get carried away!