PDA

View Full Version : Long awaited Daily Look fix is up!

MarshaQA
10-15-2014, 03:03 PM
For a long time, we have had an issue where some users end up with many more votes than other users in the Daily Look. This is not users cheating; this error is in the game code.

We have just posted what we hope is a fix! The fix will take a day to settle in, so if you see someone with more than 3000 votes starting on Oct 16th, please post and let us know.

Thanks! Happy voting!

mysticgirl916
10-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Thank you Marcia!

Sweeter
10-16-2014, 07:13 AM
Thanks Marsha, I did the daily look this morning an all numbers was in the 2 digit range. Thanks RockYou staff too for getting to the bottom of this headache.

mysticgirl916
10-16-2014, 09:28 AM
I was wondering when it would be fixed, I looked at the results for my neighbors for yesterday's theme and the person at the top of the list had over 4300 votes compared to my 70+

Tracy McCorstin
10-17-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm actually seeing the high vote issue - where last week everyone that was not a friend had two digit votes. Today it kept showing me a non-friend player's girl over and over again until I voted for them out of curiosity. That player already had over 3,000 votes. It feels like it is broken again and has reversed by proof of the excessively high vote counts of non-friend players I see when voting the last couple of days.

Christine Kelly
10-19-2014, 01:53 AM
The thing that concerns me is seeing the same person's avatar over and over again in the Daily Look while I'm voting. If I don't vote for the person's avatar, it's because I don't want to, so I don't need to see it two or three more times just to make sure I don't want to, thanks! And earlier I had the problem of this person's avatar not going away once it showed up---no matter how many times I voted for the other avatar, this person's would not go away, they were in every pair to vote for until I ran out of votes for the day---that's about 100 times (it showed up while I was voting for the group of 40 I believe, and stayed right through the rest of the voting)! Is there any way to keep this from happening again, other than voting for the avatar to make it go away? I should not have to vote for an avatar I have no interest in voting for just to make it quit popping up! It got beyond annoying, and this is one of the reasons why I don't vote most of the time (other than the avatars not being dressed appropriately for the theme)!

Ariel Myhrman
10-19-2014, 03:50 PM
I am personally still seeing the 3000+ votes, as well as having the same issue the above poster had. Same player avatar will not go away. I even tried closing the daily look and reopening it to continue voting and after 1 vote the avatar was back and is staying. Showed up doing the second set of votes (15). Is this what's causing the insane amount of votes per certain players? People clicking it in hopes of the avatar going away, even if it doesn't fit the theme at all?

Donna Pearse
10-19-2014, 08:24 PM
I saw several people today when I voted with very high votes. In the thousands. I personally never end up with more than 100. So apparently this must not be fixed.

MarshaQA
10-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Disappointing. I'll have to get this back in the queue to be looked at. The neighbor issues, etc, need to take priority but we will take another shot at it. Hopefully it's better at least.

Polaire
10-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Saw one vote in the thousands today, first time since the fix. I have noticed that 95% of people have three digit voting scores. Two- and three-hundreds, too. I know it's *possible* to get hundreds of votes by joining voting groups but is it *probable* that almost everyone is getting that kind of success? That's a lot of people clicking on a lot of links.

I almost never seem to get any votes. Mostly just from my neighbors, and I don't have many of them that are active. I never seem to have the vote totals that everyone I vote on seems to get. I mostly just do DL at this point to get it off my screen.

Sheila McAndrews Toomey
10-21-2014, 12:10 PM
The fix worked for me for 2 days. I got to vote for people with double digits, or less, and then it went back to people in the thousands and I have to go through so many strangers to see my friends and vote for them.
I also have the same problam as Christine. I see the same person, over and over and over and it doesn't go away until I vote for them. And it's someone in the thousands who does not need my vote. Combined with the game reloading everytime I change clothes, it's all very frustrating.

Polaire
10-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Saw quite a few votes in the thousands today. Not as bad as it has been in the past, but it's still there.

Cristina Carvalho
10-30-2014, 01:42 PM
not able to participate in the daily look. a message appears asking us to reload the game ... again and again and again.

Sweeter
10-31-2014, 08:42 AM
This fixed needs to be fixed again. Seeing votes in the thousands first thing in morning makes me not want to do this anymore cause this glitch is making my CLG not show up that often to get voted on even with neighbors.

Leissa Hobday
11-07-2014, 12:00 PM
this really does need fixing again most of the votes in the daily look votes today were in the 3000+ getting fed up with this!:mad:

mysticgirl916
11-07-2014, 02:46 PM
I saw someone in my voting this morning about 5 or 6 different times and she had hundreds of votes for just wearing a striped T-shirt, gray dress pants, and socks with sandals

Eugenia Hall
11-08-2014, 02:59 AM
I personally had over 3000 and I think it was over 4000 votes a couple of days ago. I was flabbergasted. I average around 30-50 or so.

mysticgirl916
11-08-2014, 06:30 AM
This is bizarre, I saw the same pair of avatars pop up during my voting about 6 or 7 times - one of those avatars I saw about half the time on its own!

Ellie Pelensky
11-10-2014, 06:14 PM
still seeing votes in four digits...

Sweeter
11-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Needs fixed again please, this glitch it out of control.

Rachi
11-11-2014, 12:34 PM
8371 I'd say more than out of control.

mysticgirl916
11-11-2014, 03:04 PM
8371 I'd say more than out of control.

That's the same one I saw today... several times!

Catherine Baker Richards
11-11-2014, 03:30 PM
The some one I seen too but when I was voting this person had 5673 in votes