PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for?(1 Forum Q&1 Resources Q)

Polaire
09-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I figured I've answered a few questions so I've earned the right to ask a few! Only, I have two that are completely unrelated and I don't know where to ask them. So I'm making my own thread.

1. Where do you go for...... having problems with forums themselves? For example: I've been an active member of this board since it opened and I am still restricted from certain pages, including reading profiles and my own notifications! Also, I can't find if there are settings to auto-uncheck "publish this to facebook" because it gets annoying having to do that each time and I've already accidentally posted a few because I didn't click it in time.

2.Where do you go for...... information on the game. Besides this forum, and the wikia. Mostly I'm curious if there is a list somewhere that has what items gives you the most stars for skills, needs, etc. You can see what star rating something has if it's in the store or in your storage but once it is in your house (or you're at your neighbor's house and they have some fancy furniture that isn't even available in stores anymore) and you're actually trying to use it you have to guess or use your memory.

2.a Is there a CG fb group that compiles this information? What is the best CG group that is actually informative and useful, as opposed to being just for Daily Look links and adding neighbors and getting bonus glam and other stuff I don't have time or energy for? I have a friend in a group that sometimes shows screencaps of what new collections actually look like being worn before they're available to everyone. I'm looking for that kind of stuff but way more of it.

Do I sound needy? I think I'm sounding needy. I'm going to stop here for now.
Thanks!

Erin
09-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Hey, there!

Thank you for your post!

1. You can message me about forum issues. I have fixed this issue for you, and you should be able to access everything you need. Unfortunately, I do not think there is an auto-uncheck, but you may be able to unlink your account from Facebook, which should do the same thing.

2. There is the FAQ, but that will not answer all of your questions. I think also just looking through the forum entries, fan-run groups, and asking other players. Sorry! I wish there was a more comprehensive resource for you!

3. I know there are a lot of fan-run groups, but I'm not sure if there is one specific group that will meet your needs. Perhaps someone else here can recommend a group for you!

Polaire
09-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for fixing my account.

Yeah, I was mostly hoping for people to reply with their favorite fan-run group that does more than share votes/add friends but I think I posted too many things in one message and scared everyone off.

Also I was really really hoping there was a list of either every piece of furniture and interactive item and their star rating or just the top ones in each skill/need but I guess that would be a lot of work!

Anyway, thanks again.

Kim Gonzales
11-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Here's some groups for you to check out...they are all really helpful and lots of great members!!! www.facebook.com/groups/disneygirlexpressyourselfgroup/ www.facebook.com/groups/SensationalCityGirl/ www.facebook.com/groups/146286822208440/146305195539936/?notif_t=group_comment_reply From these you can find other groups. I'm an Admin in these 3, so I know for a fact they are very friendly and helpful! Hope this helps you out! Kim Gonzales.

Polaire
11-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Thank you for the suggestions! I can't quite tell from the main pages (I'm not very good at facebook to be honest) but what are the differences between these groups? If I was going to join only one, which one would you suggest? I'm not looking to add friends or share DL vote links, but I am interested in stuff like sharing what to wear on Daily Look (especially idea for difficult themes), sharing apartment designs, and *actual* *useful* game information and discussion. Thanks again!

Dovie Wilder
11-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Polaire, there are a lot of really good groups out there for general information and help. If I were to suggest only one it would be Disney City Girl Teammates and Requests. The administrators and players are very helpful, fun and creative and someone there is always willing to help or explain things. The second I would suggest (if you want to look at another - you can certainly join more than one) is Disney City Girl Friends and Neighbors. This is a smaller and newer group, but the people running it and group members are simply great.

Polaire
11-11-2014, 02:01 PM
If Teammates and Requests is the group that I am thinking of, it's the only group that I am in and have stayed in and it is perfect. It is exactly what I am looking for, more groups exactly like that. That balance of information and shared ideas, and the variety of types of help available. I'm really terrible at facebook and I don't enjoy reading or posting or interacting on it at all, so I have to keep friends and groups to the absolute minimum that I can manage to play games with, so I don't want a lot of extraneous fluff. I will check out that other group, though, thanks!