PDA

View Full Version : Lingerie in City Girl Life? Really?

Angel Yoes
07-01-2014, 02:41 AM
While I find the items in question quite adorable, and would frankly wear them for my hubby in real life, I find it EXTREMELY inappropriate to program in such items in a game that was marketed to children! If the intention of the game programmers is to take the game in a new direction with the ownership change, that's great! Try new things! But this game was already marketed heavily to, and is now played by young children. If I was a parent and saw my 10 or even 15 year old daughter trying to buy sexy lingerie for her digital character I would not allow my child to play the game any longer. And frankly, with the innocent nature of the game, when would wearing these cute slinky sexy outfits ever be appropriate? Who would our characters even be wearing them for? I think this newest collection is just way over the line.

What are your thoughts on the new collection? To you think it's appropriate to program in such items in a game that was (until now at least) a children's game?

Kimberly Beth Wheeler
07-01-2014, 04:37 AM
My ultimate take on it is that most of the items you wear under your clothes to increase the overall points of each of your outfits, which of course is great when going to work to get bonuses. However, I totally agree with you that it's inappropriate for young girls. I am an adult, but I wouldn't let my kids play this game anyway, even before they added the lingerie. Just how I role.

Jay Arrera
07-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Angel,

City Girl Life has never been marketed to children ages 13 or under, as part of Disney or RockYou. Rock You's privacy policy explicitly says that we do not market to or direct games towards children
https://rockyou.com/privacy-policy/

You may also notice that Facebook's Terms of Service also requires that children under 13 are not allowed to have a FB account.
https://www.facebook.com/terms.php

Glad you like the new items and can relate to them. It's players like you that make this a great game to work on. :-)

Renata Bryczy
07-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Agree. Facebok is age requirement for registration. Teens more inappropriate things they see on TV and commercials. As for the underwear. I am very impressed, I like. it.

MaxieStar
07-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Even without the lingerie, this game seems questionable to me for young impressionable girls. The avatar seems to make a lot of what I would consider "sexy" movements, or at least it seems to me that is what is attempted at being projected. I guess I'm old fashioned, though I'm not considered an older adult at this point. Just my thought on it.

Carrie Catalina Carpenter
07-01-2014, 04:03 PM
I LOVE the new lingerie! I am one of those parents who monitors what types of games my kids play, and it wouldn't bother me for my 13 yr old daughter to see this clothing line .

MaxieStar
07-01-2014, 04:36 PM
I am so glad I don't have kids!!! :) haha

Liz Buckingham
07-01-2014, 10:06 PM
i love the new items too because of the boost they give on the "jobs" and how much more my girl can earn so i can buy other cool items in the game.

Sweeter
07-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I don't see the point of your complaint in the game, I see way worse clothing and things on TV shows and commercials theses days and some of the shows the Disney itself plays for teens is way over the limit than what they used to play when I was growing up. My daughter is 13 going on 14 and have no problem with her playing this kind of game.

April Perdue
07-01-2014, 10:11 PM
I am of age so I don't really have a problem with it. Kids shouldn't have social web accounts in the first place.

Angel Yoes
07-02-2014, 09:52 AM
I really do like the new items, especially the black and white corset. It looks like something from Fredricks.

I guess it just left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth because my little sister plays. She's old enough to use Facebook. (She keeps it private to everyone but our family and a hand full of her school friends.) But, 13 does not an adult make I don't want her buying stuff like the teddies or that super sexy vixen set in real life, so I don't want her liking that kind of stuff in a game. She originally started playing because it was a game Disney offered.

Looked at through more objective eyes, I suppose it's really not *that* bad. But woo! You guys sure did pick the sexiest of the new items for the shop advertisement in our newsfeed! lol

Rachel Culpepper Watson
07-02-2014, 01:04 PM
I love the new items. I have long thought the game needed this new boost. My feelings are that there is nothing wrong with a woman buying lingerie and wearing it for her own pleasure. Ultimately why must we wear it for anyone else? If a woman wants to sleep in a slinky nightie then she should be able to do so without having to validate it with anyone.

Sweeter
07-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Disney isn't the same anymore, there are a lot of Disney channel shows for teenagers and IMO they can go off the air. They have taught my daughter to be lazy, wants to be on her tablet or cellphone all the time cause they are like that in the shows she watches. There are times I lock the Disney channels so she can't watch them when she is grounded.

Rachie Flores
07-03-2014, 01:21 AM
*roll.

Rachie Flores
07-03-2014, 01:26 AM
If this were a child's game, each new challenge description would be brief and have an adventurous quest or something like that also, the children wouldn't be charged to obtain virtual money.

Dana Y. Williams
07-03-2014, 05:46 AM
Putting our avatar in sexy underwear in a game in my opinion it's just another way to exploit girls. Many people don't want their girls to be looked at as sex objects. I don't agree with what's on TV these days or in the games especially when you have kids including teens or young adults that you are trying to raise differently. We now live in a world where everything goes, people have no respect for nothing including their bodies and who sees or does what. Yes, it's a game that I love to play but it's moving in a different direction. Everybody has their opinion and no disrespect to those who think it's OK. Wearing nice lingerie is fine under your clothes but there are people who are wearing them as regular clothing items in the game and not just under their clothes to boost the amount of coins they get. I'm all for having the game moving in the direction of building relationships, etc. I think there is a difference between underwear (that can be pretty) and sexy lingerie. You wear each for different occasions and there are no marriages in the game for lingerie occasions. Again no disrespect to anybody, this is just my opinion. I will continue to play the game but if you visit me, don't expect me to be prancing around alone in sexy lingerie. Lol

Dana Y. Williams
07-03-2014, 06:15 AM
Yes, I think the name of the game is deceiving especially to young adults who is old enough to be on FB because when you think of the name "Disney" you think of a nice, clean and unexploited fun game to play. Also when you put the word "Girl" in the game you think of a girl, not a lady. I'm an adult but like the game for the decorating, career goals & fashion. It would be nice if they could advance to a relationship with somebody but since it's City "Girl" I guess there are no boys. They would have the change the name of the game for that even though there are boys that play.

Sandy Seaman
07-03-2014, 11:33 AM
We need to remember that Rock You isn't Disney, and it's no longer Disney City Girl.

Itsa Nunyabiz
07-04-2014, 10:45 AM
There is nothing dirty about lingerie, it is an item of clothing to make a woman feel good under her clothes, and yes for her partner.. So what.. This game isnt for children, if you want to cut adult lingerie out in that case, may as well cut the work and other adult things out as well, afterall children dont have access to that in real life.

Cherie Kazmira Volante
07-24-2014, 06:18 PM
I am of age so I don't really have a problem with it. Kids shouldn't have social web accounts in the first place.

I agree - if fb changed their user age to 16, or even 18, it wouldn't bother me. as for the underclothes: I don't understand what's so wrong w/them. I _do_ have two grown daughters and I even bought them some VS shortly after their first menses - I figured they gota deal w/THAT for the next 40 or 50 years, they deserve something silky, ruffled, feminine to wear under their clothes and/or as pajamas. ... & it isn't like cgl is offering anything crotchless or nipple tassels LOL :O

Wilhelmina Long
07-29-2014, 10:06 AM
I don't have a problem at all with the new lingerie on offer. My only issue is that most of the items are like the swimwear and you cannot put clothing over the top of them to garner more points. Some you can, like the separates, but I like using the option to dress my avatar in items reflecting what I've got on and I like the option to put items, such as corsets, on underneath.

Dawn Cochrane
07-30-2014, 07:33 PM
I completely disagree that the new lingerie line is too sexy. Young girls in the 13 to 16 year age range will see them as pretty. Since there are no guys in the game nor are there any dating events, there is nothing about the game that is suggestive. It is fantasy people!:D ;) Don't read so much into it.

Maria
08-04-2014, 03:15 PM
I must say you are over reacting Angel. I agree that children are exposed to far too much sex and crudeness in life, however like Jay said, the game on facebook is not intended for small children and any young people playing should be monitored by parents. these outfits are far less questionable than things i see teens in on the street or beach. I see nothing wrong with it, most young women of today are well aware that slips,bra's and nighties exist, Lighten up ...;)