Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What is this new craziness?

May Li, she initially answered with a picture to hint at the new features to come without actually saying it, because it was kind of a surprise for players.. Since the picture was posted, all players now have to ability to manipulate interior walls in their apartments.

You may toggle existing walls up and down using the second button down in the upper left corner of the game. These walls may be decorated when raised and lowered to reveal the furniture behind them.

You may also add or remove interior walls through the decor button, remodel tab. Which is exactly what players have been asking for since the beginning of the game. RockYou has even taken care of the bugs by now and the wall features work beautifully.

Apartments no longer come with windows because you now have the ability to purchase windows and place them on any wall, interior or exterior. If you are living in an apartment that came with windows (meaning that you moved in before this feature was implemented), you may move out and move back in to get rid of the windows and redecorate as you wish.

Happy decorating!

Hi, Just an FYI - this particular wall in my Boardwalk Place apt is not going up properly. This is what I see instead. I've refreshed a couple of times now, but the wall still appears this way.

Screenshot_4.jpg
    And, if I try to place an item right on the other side of this wall, it appears like this:

Screenshot_5.jpg
    Last edited by Wendy Lachmuth; 05-28-2015 at 12:56 AM. Reason: add pic

Thanks! Your screenshots were perfect and I have reproduced the problem. I'll put in a request for it to be looked at.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RockYou QA- City Girl Life

Quote Originally Posted by MarshaQA View Post
    Thanks! Your screenshots were perfect and I have reproduced the problem. I'll put in a request for it to be looked at.
    Glad they were helpful. Some additional things I've noticed (so far this has only been in the Boardwalk Place apartment):

* the items I placed directly behind the wall shown in my pics sometimes overlay the wall

* some, but not all, of the interior walls I placed will not allow me to hang anything on them (pictures, windows, etc.). Weird how some work and some don't. Here's a screen shot of me trying to place something on an interior wall. It won't take; however, you'll notice that the interior walls behind it DID allow me to hang windows and pictures. Go figure.
    Screenshot_6.jpg

On a somewhat unrelated note, but still worth mentioning is this: recently on the May Flowers giveaway, you gave us a "small square window". I have other small square windows in my inventory and they work just fine, but I'm here to tell you that the one that was given away as part of the May Flowers thing can NOT BE MOVED OR REMOVED once it's been placed! I had to move out and move back in again to my apartment to get rid of it!
    Screenshot_7.jpg

Hi Wendy! There are actually two different "small square windows" in our system. The one given out through the notification was given by mistake. We will be making that window movable sometime next week. We're very sorry for the mistake and the inconvenience it caused.

I have a question regarding the Langston apartment. THe benches in the room aren't allowing me to sit and place anything on the drawers. Is there a way to remove them so I have more room? Someone told me it was a glitch but I think it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Richelle Black View Post
    I have a question regarding the Langston apartment. THe benches in the room aren't allowing me to sit and place anything on the drawers. Is there a way to remove them so I have more room? Someone told me it was a glitch but I think it's possible.
    The benches don't move, and no you can't sit on them. It is not a glitch, just the way the apartment was designed. I wish they could be removed, but no, they can't be.

The only exception to the sitting on the benches was for a past mission. That was the only time.

I don't know, get into a new apartment?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345