PDA

View Full Version : Important! Changes to gifting system

Donna Smith
05-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Hello City Girls!

Good news! In order to fix the gifting problems that many players have been experiencing for a long time now, we will be replacing the system that handles this game feature. Unfortunately, this means starting gifting from scratch.

On July 30, when this system is replaced, all of your messages in the Messages tab of the game will disappear. This includes all unaccepted gifts, gift requests, and staffing requests. We recommend that you accept as many of your important gifts as you can in the days leading up to July 30. To help you with this, the gift limit has been increased to 100 gift acceptances per day. Once the new gifting system is in place, the gift limit will return to 50 gift acceptances per day.

Thanks for playing City Girl Life!

The City Girl Life Team

Kristen Parkinson
05-13-2015, 11:37 AM
EEEK! Thanks for the head's up! I have some unaccepted gifts that I don't want to lose!

Beverly Rotondo
05-25-2015, 02:35 PM
PLEASE: Simply GIVE us all the gifts we have in the Message tab. AND while you're updating PLEASE increase the number of gifts we can accept. It's a true hindrance to the game, otherwise. Seriously. Please & thank you. <3

Hello City Girls!

Good news! In order to fix the gifting problems that many players have been experiencing for a long time now, we will very soon be replacing the system that handles this game feature. Unfortunately, this means starting gifting from scratch.

On Wednesday, June 3rd (date has been updated), when this system is replaced, all of your messages in the Messages tab of the game will disappear. This includes all unaccepted gifts, gift requests, and staffing requests.

We will be sure to notify you here of any updates to this plan. In the meantime, we recommend that you accept as many of your important gifts as you can in the days leading up to June 3rd (date has been updated). Please note that no changes are being made to the way gifts will work, including no changes to the number of gifts you can accept per day.

Thanks for playing City Girl Life!

The City Girl Life Team

**Edited for updated date change:

City Girl Life update!
We've had to change the date of the upgrade for our gifting fixes to June 3rd. We will continue to keep our players posted of any further changes or updates!**

Dale Erickson
05-29-2015, 07:07 PM
Since I'm hardly getting any gifts or requests I won't lose much!

mysticgirl916
05-30-2015, 06:45 AM
I'm almost finished the bridesmaid mission, so hopefully we don't have any missions/sprees by the time the upgrade takes place

Polaire
05-30-2015, 08:24 AM
I just finished the mission and I'm not sure I want to sit for four days with nothing to do. I am rationally willing to do so for the sake of allowing everyone to catch up and the game to make a major change but I'd still be sad about it. No gifting sprees, obviously, but I think as long as the mission only had one gifted component, having to re-request a few after the upgrade wouldn't be a big deal.

Please, please consider putting up a pop-up notice in the game informing/reminding everyone of this upgrade and gift loss! Not everyone reads the forums (unfortunately, not everyone who POSTS on the forums actually reads it) and or sees the updates on the official fb page. (Heck, I subscribe to the official fb page and some reason they still never show up in my timeline, but luckily I am part of a group that repost them and those reposts always do. Fb is a terrible social media platform.)

Also, I know there's only a few days left but temporarily increase gifts for these last couple of days so people can stock up on items? Especially anything that's not easily re-requestable (like old wallpapers, rarer mission items) that some people were hoarding for the future.

Anyway, I am cautiously excited about this. Go team! (?)

EDITED TO ADD: I just noticed the date changed again to June 17 not the 3rd, but my points remain.

George MacRae
05-30-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm SO hoping the limit will be raised!!!

Sarah Waters
05-30-2015, 01:56 PM
I hope you are not going to post goals that required asking for and receiving free gifts then, as we will not be able to complete the goal. My gift box went empty 1-2 days ago and is still empty. It's not June 17th yet. It's May 30! So what's going on?

Dani Jackson
06-09-2015, 04:57 PM
***UPDATE***

We wanted to let everyone know that the June 17th date has been delayed. We will be releasing the new messaging center soon. However, we want to ensure that everything is perfect before we do so to prevent any complications. We appreciate everyone's understanding and patience!

Sarah Waters
06-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Mine disappeared 3 weeks ago and in spite of numerous requests for help via Support tickets, I have missed SEVERAL goals because I cannot receive gifts to complete them. VERY, VERY frustrated and sort of "over" your non-helpful customer support.

Sherri Allen
06-11-2015, 09:21 AM
Hi Sara! I've taken a look at your support tickets and there are currently 2 that are in our 'hold - open' status both waiting for fixes and updates. I'm sorry about the wait for getting the issues corrected and we are always trying to do better. The gifting system is a very large, very extensive change that we expect will improve gifting for all our players.

Franchesca Anny Latorre Valdebenito
06-18-2015, 02:44 PM
yo no tuve ningun inconveniente

Kristen Parkinson
07-20-2015, 04:58 PM
Any updates as to when the gifting system will change?

Julia Etzel
07-20-2015, 05:22 PM
I can't send requests for any gifts for the new socialite challenge? Does this have something to do with the new gifting system change?

Sherri Allen
07-20-2015, 05:57 PM
The gifting system hasn't been implemented yet but we expect it should resolve most of the gifting issues that crop up from time to time. It's a huge change so it's taking longer than expected to be released.

Dale Erickson
07-20-2015, 09:34 PM
I can't send requests for any gifts for the new socialite challenge? Does this have something to do with the new gifting system change?

I don't seem to be able to either! Also is there any way to get RID of all the extra trunks. I think I'm up to 4 or 5 now!

Kristen Parkinson
07-21-2015, 02:35 PM
Hi Sherri, thank you for the update. :)

The gifting system hasn't been implemented yet but we expect it should resolve most of the gifting issues that crop up from time to time. It's a huge change so it's taking longer than expected to be released.

Angela L Daniels Davis
07-22-2015, 11:08 AM
i am having problems sending recommendations this has happen two days in row11522

Topaz Blu
07-22-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty much stuck on the gifting mission and the outdoor mission because none of the gifts i requested shows up.

MarshaQA
07-23-2015, 10:13 PM
The first post of this thread has been updated with news!

Rita Brady
07-31-2015, 01:41 AM
I lost alot of gifts dam

Kristen Parkinson
08-03-2015, 03:20 PM
I like the new streamlined gifting system. Thanks for changing it and upping the amount we can receive. Love it all!! Thank you so much, Rock You!!!!

Kristi Conley
10-16-2015, 04:10 PM
News for you, messages are still there, but our gifts are gone, backwards much?