PDA

View Full Version : Facebook upcoming changes

Sherri Allen
03-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Hello everyone!

We wanted to address some questions that are getting sent our way about some upcoming changes that Facebook is going to be making. You can read more about the upcoming Facebook features at the links below. Since none of these features have been released yet, we really can't address the 'what if's' at this time.

We are actively working on implementation of these new features to work in our games. We expect that our players will not notice any differences when these changes are made but there are still issues that we are in process of correcting. As with any new big change, once we know more we will keep you informed! :)

Facebook 2.0 Link:
https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2014/04/30/the-new-facebook-login

Facebook Anonymous Link:
https://developers.facebook.com/products/anonymous-login

Fun Forbes Article:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/04/30/why-facebooks-new-anonymous-log-in-matters

We will keep you posted if any of the upcoming Facebook changes will affect our players and how!

Thanks!
-Sherri

Maja Mihali
03-09-2015, 03:54 PM
So at this time there is no way to know whether re-installing (removing and adding back) the game can cause players to go back to level 1? Should players avoid re-installing the game? As some of them do this to fix various glitches :)

EDIT: Sherri Allen replied to my question on fb so as I don't see how to delete my question here, I'll copy her answer in case anyone needs it :)

''At this time, nothing has changed. Doing an uninstall then re-install will not affect your game data. Since Facebook hasn't implemented any of these changes yet, it's possible even after, that our games will not be affected. We are working on fixing it all up so our players don't see this change at all! <3 ''

Sherri Allen
03-09-2015, 04:07 PM
At this time, nothing has changed. Doing an uninstall then re-install will not affect your game data. Since Facebook hasn't implemented any of these changes yet, it's possible even after, that our games will not be affected. We are working on fixing it all up so our players don't see this change at all!

Yes, I *do* hear an echo! LOL! ;)

Ellen Howe
03-19-2015, 08:53 PM
Hello everyone!

We wanted to address some questions that are getting sent our way about some upcoming changes that Facebook is going to be making. You can read more about the upcoming Facebook features at the links below. Since none of these features have been released yet, we really can't address the 'what if's' at this time.

We are actively working on implementation of these new features to work in our games. We expect that our players will not notice any differences when these changes are made but there are still issues that we are in process of correcting. As with any new big change, once we know more we will keep you informed! :)

Facebook 2.0 Link:
https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2014/04/30/the-new-facebook-login

Facebook Anonymous Link:
https://developers.facebook.com/products/anonymous-login

Fun Forbes Article:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/04/30/why-facebooks-new-anonymous-log-in-matters

We will keep you posted if any of the upcoming Facebook changes will affect our players and how!

Thanks!
-Sherri

hey i am wondering if other accounts will be effected. I know they are in another game i play and wondering if this will happen with cg i know fb is illiminating helper accounts am i right in thinking that this will be effected i have jsut found out that you could loose your account if fb finds out that you use another account for the same games in my case city girl and farmtown i found this out through farm town so am wondering if it effects this game or all games across fb thanks

Ellen Howe
03-19-2015, 08:54 PM
hey i am wondering if other accounts will be effected. I know they are in another game i play and wondering if this will happen with cg i know fb is illiminating helper accounts am i right in thinking that this will be effected i have jsut found out that you could loose your account if fb finds out that you use another account for the same games in my case city girl and farmtown i found this out through farm town so am wondering if it effects this game or all games across fb thanks

MarshaQA
03-19-2015, 11:15 PM
We don't take any action involving multiple accounts... that's a Facebook policy for all accounts. Any action Facebook takes will be out of our hands.

Liliny Carol
03-20-2015, 05:15 AM

More than one account is against FB policy - has been for a long time and some people do lose, their accounts. Just one is allowed.

Traveller Kika
04-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Have anyone tried to uninstall and reinstall again CGL, after 04/30/2015, please?? What it happens? Are we keeping our status in the game if we do so?

MarshaQA
04-02-2015, 05:00 PM
The live servers haven't been updated yet, so there are still no changes to uninstalling and reinstalling other than the expected (and Facebook driven) cancelling of your subscription. It should be noted that if you have a subscription and uninstall the game, you will need to Rejoin on the VIP tab. This will not cost you anything; you are just continuing the subscription that you already have.

That said, on the test servers I have found no problem with uninstalling and reinstalling new accounts with the new Facebook rules. I'm still testing it, however.

Sherri Allen
04-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the update Marsha!

Traveller Kika
04-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the info, Marsha!